There are several reasons why a furnace may keep shutting off, including:
- Dirty or Clogged Filters: Dirty or clogged filters can restrict airflow, causing the furnace to overheat and shut off.
- Thermostat Issues: Problems with the thermostat, such as faulty wiring or a malfunctioning sensor, can cause the furnace to turn on and off frequently.
- Pilot Light or Ignition Problems: If the pilot light or ignition system is malfunctioning, the furnace may turn off as a safety precaution.
- Overheating: A malfunctioning limit switch or blower motor can cause the furnace to overheat and shut off.
- Blocked Exhaust Vent: A blocked exhaust vent can cause the furnace to shut off as a safety precaution.
If your furnace keeps shutting off, it’s important to have it inspected by a licensed HVAC professional to diagnose and fix the problem. Ignoring the issue can lead to further damage to the furnace or even pose a safety risk.